Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wake up!

The kids came into the room at 7:00 on the dot. "Wake up, it's Christmas, it's Christmas!"

I have to say I felt the same way last night as Ben, Craig and I read Scripture in our Christmas eve service.

"The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. . . and he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace."

"And they will call him Emmanuel which means God with us. . . He is a light to reveal God to the nations, and he is the glory of your people Israel."

"He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't reconize him. . . But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God."

Whoa! Wake up! Do you hear this people? Do you see? It is Christmas--for those who believe him and accept him become children of God! God, the Most High, let his son come to earth (I keep asking why? and he keeps answering because I love you--I still don't think I could have done that) so that we can become his Father's children. I am amazed and I want to shout, "Wake up! It's Christmas, it's Christmas!"

We had a fabulous day celebrating this good news. After Christmas eve service we opened our traditional gift of pjs and sent the kids off to bed.

Christmas morning was fun filled! Luke wanted to open all his presents this year right away. I guess he is an American now--I am not sure if I am happy about that but I bet it will balance out again as he grows up. Amanda and Ben were so excited to give Luke his gifts and to give their gifts to each other. They did a great job of picking great gifts for each other.

We had brunch with some close friends and then relaxed and played with the new toys all day long. Unfortunately, Craig came down with the crud and hasn't been feeling great but hopefully with the rest today and a good night sleep he will be feeling better tomorrow as we are off to Western WA to visit Craig's parents and see my sister and her family tomorrow after church.

Hope you had a merry, merry Christmas!

No comments: