Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation week

With the change of jobs for Shar, vacation plans were a little shakey. But with a few meetings on Monday to get somethings settled we were ready.We headed out to the river and stayed in the trailer of some friends for three days--Craig got the sailboat (Hobie 16) all ready to go, the kids swam and tubed (thanks, Dave) and Shar read. Thursday we packed up and headed to Priest Lake to repeat our camping on the beach experience from last year. However, the beach was already packed with people and storm clouds were brewing to the north. We decided that since we couldn't have our beach spot and the storm was coming we would try to find a cabin. No luck. So we headed home. The kids had great attitudes so we took them to dinner at a restaurant of their choice (BAD idea). So we went to McDonalds. Cheap dates but yucky food!



We hung out at home on Friday. I did some yard work I have wanted to get done and the kids had friends over. Saturday we did the Hiawatha trail. It is a 15 mile rails to trails path in the mountains of Montana and Idaho. It was a blast. The kids biked the whole way and did a great job. There is a 1 1/2 mile tunnel that we had to bike twice and they did it no sweat! It freaks me out some but their no fear attitude made me buck up and do it without complaining.



Today we went to church and to our churches potluck and baptism out at a house on the lake. Craig took folks for sailboat rides, the kids swam and swam and swam and swam. We enjoyed the baptisms of two special kids in our lives--one of them I babysat twice a week while his mom worked--and his little sister. I love our church family! It really is a family.

I will have to try to post pictures at a later date. . . having technical difficulties. (UGHHHHHHH!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shar :)
Not sure you remember me, we use to live across the street from each other and play together as kids. I got your blog address from Colleen O'Brien, she found me on facebook..How are things with you? How are your folks and how is Roni? It's great to see you are doing well, such a beautiful family! I hope to hear from you!! Would love to catch up! You can email me at linda_seth31@hotmail.com.