Sunday, July 13, 2008

job changes for Shar

Through a series of God ordained circumstances, I have accepted a teaching position with Idaho Virtual Academy. I will be working with middle school students (grades 6-8). That is the short story.



Here is the long story: In January I decided not to renew my teaching certificate because I love doing service coordination and don't see myself teaching in a traditional classroom ever again. In March we found out that Medicaid is changing some of the ways that service coordination will work so I decided I had better renew my teaching certificate. I signed up for my 6 credits and got started. I also began to look to see what might be next for me in my life. In June, my friend Heidi emailed her family and friends that she had been given the middle school principal's position for Idaho Virtual Academy. I responded to congratulate her and somewhat jokingly asked if she needed any teachers. She replied right away and the next week I had been offered one of the teaching positions. It sounds pretty easy writing it this way but there are a lot of mixed feelings about this change. One feeling is excitement, then I have feelings of sadness in leaving a job I love and leaving families that I have cared for--some for 3 years--to other people. These people are capable and wonderful but it is hard to let go.



That was last week, this week was vacation for us (I will blog about that seperately). This next 3 weeks starts the process of transitioning my families to other service coordinators, getting information communicated clearly to the new service coordinators, making sure my families are situated with their new service coordinators, updating files and being sure I can close out my time as a service coordinator well. Then on August 3rd, I fly to Washington DC for training and then back to Boise for training. That will be the beginning of my Idaho Virtual Academy career. In the midst of all of that I have to finish my 6 credits as well. This last week may have beent the calm before the storm. . . actually, I have seen God's hand in all of this and I am trusting him for the details. I am resting in his plan and working to accomplish what I can, when I can and letting him do the rest.

No comments: