Saturday, October 25, 2008

togetherness



Cute kids, huh? I sure think so. This one on the left was at the pumpkin/apple farm and the one on the right was one night as Amanda was reading Shel Silverstien to Ben. Two moments when they actually liked each other and got along! Something to celebrate.
Some of you may wonder what is happening with our adoption. We have just renewed a bunch of paperwork--gotten new physicals, updated the homestudy, submitted our paperwork to the US government so we can be fingerprinted yet again. We are still "in line" in China. Right now they are sending referrals to people who had their paperwork in to China Feb '06. Our paperwork was in May of '07 so we are still toward the end of the line. It looks like it could be some time before we get a referral. We are looking at options. . . we feel like until there is clear direction from the Lord we will wait. I have to trust in his timing in all of this because MY idea was to have her close to Amanda and Ben's age. That just doesn't seem like it is going to happen. But I do trust He knows what is best and I will try to wait patiently (not my strong suit). Thanks to those of you who ask us about it and pray for us and our daughter.

No comments: