Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Parent Teacher conferences and Potty Training

I never thought those two ideas would be used in the same title-but here we are. Amanda and Ben had their parent teacher conferences last week and we are proud parents. It is a joy to go and meet with their teachers and hear what they have to say about Ben and Amanda. Ben is the patient one in class and Amanda is known to be her own person--not worried about what others think. They sure are developing into great kids. Can't wait to see what God is going to do in thier lives if they continue to follow him.

Since Luke is cast free and walking great, we began potty training on Saturday. Craig was gung-ho about it and pretty much did it himself that day but I have jumped on board since then and have put in my fair share of effort. He is doing great--today he has had no accidents but he very seldom seems to tell me if he needs to go. So I am always asking him, "Do you need to go potty?" Today as we got him ready for his nap he wasn't too happy to have to put on his diaper--so maybe wearing big boy underwear is a motivation for him--the M&M's don't hurt either!

So this 6 month anniversary has got me thinking back to how things used to be
  • it used to be that I couldn't leave the room now I can leave him at his class at the church,
  • it used to be that he didn't know what a kiss was now he wants give lots of kisses
  • it used to be that he had to have his shoes on all the time now he will occasionally take them off himself but he usually prefers to have them on still

No comments: