Saturday, January 16, 2010

basketball, preschool, 39th birthday

Ben had his second Upward basketball game today. He is playing really well. He stays on his guy and is confident in taking the ball down the court. It is fun to watch him play. Our team did a good job today of passing and moving the ball down the court. We will keep practicing the basics and continue to improve.

Luke started preschool for real this last week. I have been attending with him just to be sure he is ready for all this. I was pleased this week--he went to another adult when he needed help and he was comfortable in the classroom. He went with his speech therapist and physical therapist to work one on one. He is learning the routines which will make easier for him to know what is expected. I will go with him on Tuesday and then try to leave for a little bit on Thursday. Who knows maybe I will get a few hours a week to myself.

Tomorrow is my 39th birthday (for the first time--I am reserving the right to celebrate my 39th again if necessary). That is a hard number for me-mostly because I feel about 27, how can I be 39? We had a great celebration with our small group last night with a chocolate cake and truffles. Today I used my gift certificate for a birthday lunch at Jalepenos, and tomorrow we are going to go to brunch after church. I am getting a whole birthday weekend!

I don't think I posted about this but after watching Biggest Loser I decided that one of my goals should be to run a mile. So with my cousin Megan's help (she is a personal trainer) I have been building up my muscles and endurance since the beginning of December. My goal is to be able to do it by end of January. Today I ran a half mile. So I am feeling on my way to making this goal.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Shar, you are amazing. I want to run a mile with you. I hope that I'm as young as you are at 39 :) Happy Birthday!

marita said...

Hi Shar, it has been a while since I checked out your blog. It's exciting to catch up with your family's happenings.
Belated happy birthday! Hope the running is going well and you enjoy being 39.
-tami