The kids had this last week off from school to and now it is time to get back to the real world. . . whatever that may be. I have enjoyed having them home (most of the time) and it has been relaxing and fun. I love my family and think they are the best people to hang out with.
Luke had a check up last week with his plastic surgeon. She says things are healing up nicely. He still occassionally has a little scab and there are still stitches in his nose and on his lip that have yet to disolve but all is going well. His speech is taking off like crazy. He starts preschool next week and will go Tuesday and Thursday 8-10. I think he is going to LOVE it.
Ben had his first Upward basketball game today. Craig and I are his team's coaches. Isn't that amazing that anyone would let us coach a basketball team? It was really fun. We have 9 first grade boys and 1 second grade boy. They were so cute today--dribbling, passing, taking shots, trying to guard their guy. It is a privilege to get to be a small part of their lives for this season.
Craig preaches tomorrow so it has been a busy week for him but I can't wait to hear him. He does a great job of taking the scriptures and applying them to our lives today. This message he links the Old and New Testement together and it is fantastic. I got a sneak peak.
Last year at this time we were scrambling around trying to gather documents to secure Luke as our own. It has been fun to look back at last year. While it was a difficult year and looking back I wonder how we made it through it all, it fell together just how it needed to and I am grateful for the outcome. January 5th was the day we saw Luke's picture for the first time. He was called "Will" in the shared referral sent out. We went back and looked at it and 2 other kids on that referral were adopted by families that travelled with us.
What is the next adventure for us? I don't have an answer for that yet. We are seeking and praying to see where and what God would lead us to. Meanwhile we wait and prepare--kind of like advent.
Time for the Saturday night clean up for Sunday. Hope 2010 is off to a great start for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment