The week after Easter was District Assembly in Kennewick, Washington. We had a good time as a family. Great conversations and encouraging times for the church.
The next week I had the opportunity to go to Sun Valley for the Idaho Prevention Conference. I went by myself and had a wonderfully refreshing time. It was a beautiful resort and we had lot's of sunshine while the snow was still on the mountains. This conference was a last hurrah of sorts since all Safe and Drug Free money has been given unrestricted to school districts. My district is in need of that money and not continuing any SDFS programing. So that is the end of my job--luckily I get to finish out the year and there is the chance I can go back to teaching at IDVA. I am leaving that for the Lord to work out.
Luke had new tubes put into his ears on the Tuesday, the 13th. His hearing is back to great and he is much quieter now that he can hear well again.
With those two busy weeks under our belts we are gearing up for soccer and baseball. We have had rain all this week so we haven't had any practices this week. The kids are disappointed but it has been nice to have our evenings free.
We are preparing for a big celebration this weekend. Luke's birthday is Sunday and his 1 year gotcha day is on Tuesday. We are combining the celebration and having homemade ice cream with toppings and have invited our church family to join us. We are hoping for a break in the rain so we can use some outdoor space. It is amazing to think that we have been together a year and all the growth we have all made. This is going to be a great celebration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Gotcha Day!!!!!! One year sure flows by quickly!
Blessings,
The Willette family
Post a Comment