Last year this day was STRESSFUL! We had one unhappy 3 year old being ripped from everything he knew. (See May 2009 New Pictures Post) Now we have a very happy 4 year old who has a family to love and care for him. I hope if he could look back he would say, "I am glad you did it even if it was hard." Because like a lot of things in life the hard things are worth it!
We had a great birthday/one year anniversary party on Sunday afternoon. Our church family joined us for ice cream, games for the kids, cup cakes. God gave us an afternoon with no rain to enjoy. Luke had a blast being the center of attention and is still talking about his birthday. Unfortunately, I cannot add pictures because I can't get the card reader to work--Craig has the magic touch and he is at Pinelow for a couple days. So hopefully we can get some pictures up.
If I could sum up this year it would be: amazingly blessed. Not easy, not always fun, but amazingly blessed. Thanks to all of you who have prayed, played, loved and worked with Luke in this past year. You have solidified what family means to him and to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Gotcha Day! I like your first paragraph of this post. I may have to borrow parts of it for Guille's blog! (OK??) And, the last paragraph is equally well understood. It's amazing to see the changes in the little ones and how they have blossomed. What a beautiful thing it is that God so perfectly matched each of them to our families.
Blessings!
Joan
Feel free to borrow!
Shar
Post a Comment