Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wisdom

I am leaning hard on God and his wisdom as we continue to adapt to this new life of ours. Luke had an orthopedic appointment last week here in Sandpoint and they were ready to start casting his leg on Monday. I was not ready to start that--4 weeks, new cast every week, no getting it wet, and then things I am not even aware of that we will have to deal with. We saw an OT and PT on Monday and that went well. The OT thought that Luke was doing really well with what he has been through and will be there for us if we see issues. The PT was awesome and gave us some great advice. She strongly suggested going to Shriners but is going to check out this local doctor for us. We are going to do a Shriners assessment/evaluation to begin with and take it from there.

Our insurance has a limited number of dollars for speech and physical therapy and just the evaluations have probably used half. This means we are going to quickly run out of money and that we will have to find other ways to get the help. I know we can use the school district but I am hesitant that the care will be what he needs.

Amanda is at camp this week. She was a little concerned about the friends she was going with getting along so I am hoping that is going well. I am not ready to let go of her. I want to be there for her to talk about these things but I am having to trust that the Lord can be there for her better and more than I can be.

Ben got to spend the night with Harley Sunday night and went for a bike ride today with Harley. Tomorrow he, Grammy and I are going to a baseball game in Spokane. I think he will really enjoy it but he is really wishing Amanda could go with him.

Craig has a busy upcoming schedule as Chad is on Sabattical starting Monday continuing for 3 months. You can pray for strength and wisdom for him. He has the help of our youth pastor Kyle which will be great. He and Kyle will manage very well but Craig will be glad when Chad gets back to share the load.

I am enjoying summer. I have a project I am working on for the Christian school and keeping up with Luke's appointments keeps me occupied but not too busy. My dad and Cindy and Roni and her family come next week. I am looking forward to time with all of them. It is fun to have the kids all together and just hang out for a few days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You never got back to me about some time at the park! Let me know!! Praying that God will provide all the love and support you need at this time in your family's life.