Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring has sprung!

After a couple of rainy weeks, cancelled baseball and rainy and cold soccer, we have finally had some sunny days and that makes it feel like spring. Amanda had a soccer game this morning and played really well. She mostly likes to play defence but did a great job as a forward for part of this game. Her team is really playing well together. It is fun to watch (when it is not rainy and cold, that is).

Last night was Lost in the 50's parade here in Sandpoint. Amanda and Ben got to ride with Papa Steve and Grandma Mary and some friends. Here they are sporting their fifties looks:

We continue to celebrate our firsts with Luke like Thursday when one year ago he became a US citizen. We also had our one year post placement social work interview which is our last mandatory step in this adoption. There are still things to do like get him an US birth certificate and a US passport but those are not requirements. Luke also got his first bike. Check it out:

Craig has been busy getting a community garden going, continuing plans for the work and witness trip to Honduras, and building the web site for the church. He is enjoying each of these projects and is doing a fantastic job on each of them. Check out the web site at www.sandpointnaz.org. There is a link to the community garden on the site too. You can check it out.

Tomorrow I run my first 5K. It is a fun run that is part of Lost in the 50's. Wednesday I took a run at a local park--my first outdoor not on the treadmill 5K. When I finished (in good time for me) I couldn't stop coughing. I saw my doctor later that day and we think I may have exercise induced asthma. He gave me an inhaler and I am good to go tomorrow.

Spring is a hope bringer-and after celebrating the one year anniversaries of all of Luke's special days I am feeling hopeful and excited about what God has in store for us. We will keep you posted on what he is doing in and through us. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I love reading about your family. And I love that you're running a 5K. Go Shar, go!