Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Arrived in Beijing!

We arrived in Beijing. We had a good flight but we are very tired. We only saw the city from the freeway out the van window but it looks nice. The airport which was built for the Olympics is huge. There are lots of people everywhere. However, many of them, at least in the places we have been so far, speak English. English is also printed on most signs, so it wasn't as much of an immersion as we were expecting. We were met by Sherry our interpreter and guide. She did an excellent job of welcoming us and giving us the lay of the land. She is going to take us on our own personal tour Friday morning of the older parts of the city. I am anxious to do more exploring tommorow. I am off to bed now. It is 3am Pacific Time but 6pm Beijing time.

2 comments:

Phil Kinzler said...

The time thing really gets me. Since you're ahead of us please tell me if the Mariners win tonight so I don't have to waste the energy just to watch a loss. In other words, please respond to me yesterday.

Craig said...

Phil, since I already know what happened the outcome is pre-determined.