
Luke has a blue cast! Our appointment at Shriners went well. Luke was a trooper through the three hours we were there. We saw one doctor (a resident, I think) and then had some x-rays and then saw the doctor, then waited and had a cast put on. According to the doctor he has probably already been through this procedure but the care didn't keep the foot from going back to its club foot ways. We will be going back weekly to have new casts put on until his foot is straightened out.
Luke was fine with the cast until we were almost home and then I think hunger and this new heavy thing on his leg got to him. He cried for a little bit but he had a banana and all has been well since.
We also saw the palate surgeon and we have the go ahead for a "normal" diet except for really hard, possibly sharp things like chips and crackers. We will still have to watch him but for the most part he can eat what we are eating. Hurray! No more fixing two meals ever meal time. I guess I changed that time expense for traveling to Spokane weekly. Ahhhhh, well, he is worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment