Sunday, September 27, 2009

fall

We have had such a beautiful fall. However this is supposed to end next week so Craig and the kids are frantically (ok, quickly) trying to put the wood into the new wood shed. Right now that consists of 6 poles sticking out of the ground. Tomorrow some really great people are coming over to help Craig get a roof on it. One half will be wood and one half will be a play house/storage area. The kids are working really hard to help out.

Luke is in cast number 3--this time red. We didn't see the doctor last week but will see him this week. They are liking what they see and I can see a difference when his cast is off. I am not sure how exactly this will finish up but we will have at least one more cast, then he will probably have his heel cord cut and be in a cast for 3 weeks while that heals. Then he will have to wear a brace at night to keep the foot from going back to what it knows. The physicains assistant says they like the kids to wear those braces until they are 4 years old. . . which for Luke is only until May. Shriners has been a great place to go. The receptionist know him and call him by name. They always have some little treat for him when he does a good job. I appreciate the family focus.

Amanda heads to an overnight camp this week--one night with her classmates to build teamwork and have fun. I am thankful she has this opportunity and can't wait to hear all about it. She has a great Monday night class she is going to at the church this fall too. It is an all girls group and they learn about how to be what God wants them to be.

Ben is reading up a storm and keeps surprising me with the words he reads--enthusiastically, toiletries, and lot's more. He really likes the Max the Missing Puppy book he is reading now. He wants to take guitar lessons so we are checking to make sure he can do the work that will require with a good attitude. He is getting there.

I got to go to Boise the week before last for my job and then head straight to women's retreat. I was away from home for 3 1/2 days. Craig did a great job as always taking care of everything. I got to have an evening to myself, meet our college students for dinner, and hang out with my church girlfriends for a couple of days.

Craig is having fun preparing the wood shed and getting the wood in. I think he really enjoys the planning and carrying out of building. One night he came in from working out there and said, "I love that I can see that I accomplished something today." Working in the intangible sometimes can be hard--he is making a difference in his pastoring role, sometimes it just isn't as visible.

No comments: