Our kids are a lot of work but there are time that we are just plain proud of them. Amanda is really taking ownership of her own spiritual development and that is exciting. She has a devotional book she has been working through and takes initiative to do it. She has also been helping Luke almost every week in the nursery and since she has been missing second service has been getting up for first service then helping in the nursery. It is neat to see her take some control of this and makes us proud!
Ben is doing so well at school we aren't sure what to do with him. He is reading away and I am having trouble finding things for him to read--he has already breezed through all the Captain Underpants books there are. Now he just thinks there isn't anything good out there to read!
Luke has made this his home. Yesterday we were at a wedding and he recognized some familiar people from the church and gave them big hugs. One of the guys mentioned this to me (I won't mention any names, to protect the manhood of those involved) and almost teared up. It is amazing that in 4 months a little guy like him can find a loving family--not just an immediate family but a church family. It was a good reminder for me. Sometimes in the nitty gritty, day in and day out of caring for him I forget what a miracle it all is! Thanks for the reminder guys.
Being at the wedding yesterday made me appreciate my marriage. I am thankful for a husband who works to make our marriage the best it can be. I am thankful that God brought us together and keeps us growing together.
So I am proud and thankful at this moment. Reality should hit any moment! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment