Monday, March 10, 2008

Are we there yet?

Heading home has been a little difficult. I kind of want to be there now. We travelled from Zion to Twin Falls, ID. It was a long day. The longest driving day we have done since starting. We stayed the night in the parking lot at the Nazarene church there. We got up and had breakfast with my youth pastor from Kent, Jerry Kester. He has been ministering in Twin Falls for almost 14 years. We had a nice time catching up with him a little bit.

We went into Nampa and spent some time with our friends Ron, Heidi, Brad and Maddie. It was an exciting time. We got to see Brad play in his last Upward basketball game, ran into an old friend from way back, got to play on a Wii for a whole day, visited with Kaylene and Jason and Kyle, met up with Gay and Terry for dinner. It was a busy time but fun to see all those people. We also got to be in town for the big NNU announcement of the new president.

We headed out to Midvale, Idaho a destination spot here in southern Idaho. Ok, not really. We found out while we were traveling that Craig's aunt had died and the memorial was today. We stopped there for the service and a meal with the family. She was a very kind lady who was much loved by her family and her community. She will be missed by many, especially her husband, Uncle Don. I am glad that we were able to be there to show our love of her and Don.

Tonight we stay in Yakima and head into Roni and Doug's tomorrow. I guess I am going to have to start thinking about how we are going to pack all our stuff from the trailer into the suburban to get home. It is going to be a challenge, for sure.

As we are getting closer to being home I am getting more and more ready to be there. It will be good to be home. . . I don't mean the place though, I mean the people! See you soon.

No comments: