Notice that the kids and Craig are on the edge of the Grand Canyon while I am taking the picture from as far away as I can get. For those of you who don't know--I am afraid (irrationally afraid) of heights. We walk some of the southern rim this afternoon and I stayed on the path and/or on the safe side of the path and let the kids and Craig do the exploring and looking down. Even from a ways away you can see that it is a LONG way to the bottom of that place. I think I deserve a bravery award for even coming to the Grand Canyon and another award for walking the rim.
We got to go through Flagstaff today. It is a beautiful place that I think I could live in--I can't say that about most places we have been. I have enjoyed all the places but to stay year round--I don't think so. Flagstaff was an exception to that. I would have liked to explore it a little more and see what it had to offer--not that I am looking. I love Sandpoint and am not looking to leave.
We stayed at a great place on Lake Pleasant northwest of Phoenix before heading to the Grand Canyon and we got to see 2 spring training baseball games (Mariners versus the Cubs and Padres versus the Giants). For me that was one of the high lights of our time here. We sat in the homerun section on the grass, it was sunny and warm, and we were watching baseball. Who could ask for anything more? I could make a yearly trip to sit on the lawn, in the warm, watching baseball.
Well, being at the Grand Canyon signals the beginning of the end. We are officially on our way home. I have mixed feelings about that. I have loved the warmth and sunshine and being outside to enjoy it. The time with my family has been incredible. I am not ready to return to the "grind" of everyday life. However, I am anxious to get home and get back into the routines of life--I like routines. And I have missed my friends and family at home. I can't wait to be back to church and catch up with all of you. Craig and I have been talking about how our sabbatical will make a difference in our lives when we return. I think I might need more time to process the answer to that. I have some goals and there are things that have been impressed on me this time away. I want to be able to articulate them well and share them--and then have a few people hold me accountable.
See you soon!
1 comment:
Hello to all. Melina and I have finally been able to get on the computer and see your site. Thank you for all the updating and great pictures. We sure miss you and can't wait for you to be here. It has been super strange no having our special neighbors, especially in this wild winter. Glad you were able to escape it for a while. We love you and will talk to you soon. Love, Jade, Diana, Melina and Olline
Post a Comment