
So let me catch you up to this point. We left Aunt Millie's memorial service (Monday) and meal thinking we would go to Yakima and spend the night. Before we got to Yakima, Craig decided he felt like he could drive farther. So I found a place in Easton right before you go over Snoqualmie pass. But then I checked the pass report--snow and lots of it for the next morning. So it was 10:00 or so and rainy but still above freezing and we checked out Easton campground and found it was covered in snow so on we went. Then we couldn't find another campground on the western side of the pass and being new rv'ers didn't want to stop in a parking lot and be woken up by a police officer in the middle of the night telling us to move on. So we saved him a trip and made it all the way to Roni and Doug's by 1:30 am.
Then next day was cleaning, packing, cleaning, packing and some more cleaning and packing. We took the next day to rest--Craig was sick. We finished the final packing on Thursday morning and headed to Dean and Nancy's. We got to have dinner with Craig's high school buddy, Daniel and spend some time with the grandparents. The next morning Craig was barking orders to get in the suburban and buckle up it was time to go!
Everyone was ready to get home so only a 10 minute pit stop for lunch, bathroom, stretching was all we got in Moses Lake. We did stop in Spokane to visit one if my families who was at the children's hospital. So the kids were screaming, "Look, Silverwood!" as we went through Athol. By the time we got to the Long Bridge they were practically jumping out of their seats. And I heaved my sigh and said my regular, "I love Sandpoint!" as we crossed the bridge. HOME!
We were welcomed by smiley faces as we entered our snow covered drive way. We had several surprises as we walked in the door. Amanda's birthday present was a newly painted room and furniture from her Papa Steve and Grandma Mary. Then Craig and I walked into our room and found new furniture, accessories, quilt, sofa cover, etc! It was like "While You Were Out" had been in our room. We suspect it was someone closer to home . . .
We are so glad to be home. But we have had such a wonderful and restful time away. This was made clear to me when a few days into heading home I began to think of all the things I "had" to do when I got home. I started to feel this tension, pressure and stress. That was a feeling I hadn't had in the last two months--what a blessing! And I realized that I didn't have to feel it now. I hope that now that we are home that I can recognize that stress and tension and let it go. . . we will see. This realization made me appreciate all the more our time away. So thank you for letting us go and for welcoming us back!
As for this blog. . . we are just back to our regular lives--although exciting and fun for us, not much to write about. I don't know how much posting I will keep doing but you can keep checking us out.

No comments:
Post a Comment