Roni and Doug—thank you so much for the use of your trailer. We left the Grand Canyon yesterday a half day early when we couldn’t do any hikes down into the canyon (thank goodness). We decided to just drive and see how far we wanted to go. Having a RV sure allows you to be spontaneous. Rather than driving into the night and missing Zion National park we pulled in there about 8 pm. There were several people tent camping as were the people right next to us. It was cold last night! And one of the couples didn’t have all their tent poles. They kept getting up and getting into their car and running it to stay warm. Craig was feeling especially bad for them because he remembers some camping trips we have taken that were miserably cold. He offered them our space heater and then took out some hot drinks in the morning. It was so nice to sleep in our comfy beds and just turn up the heat when we were cold.
I have to admit that I thought they might think we were crazy for caring so much and offering to help but one of the thing that I learned through some reading—who cares if they think we are crazy. We were showing them love and sometimes that requires us to do “crazy” things. I doubt Jesus cared that people called him crazy. I want to be crazy if it means showing extravagant love.
Zion was amazing and I can’t wait to get back! It is different from the Grand Canyon in that you are mostly at the bottom of the canyon (a place I would much rather be). The red rock formations are incredible. There are a ton of hikes that we can come back and do. Maybe when it is a tad bit warmer but not summer. Looks like the crowds can be pretty big at that time.
Pictures and more update to come. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment