Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ahhhhhh, sunshine




So, we moved on from Tucson to a state camp ground with a natural hot springs. If you don't mind having a little green algae in your hot tub and sharing with strangers it was a great time. Craig and the kids had some regular "friends" they shared the hot tub with; every time I went with the family it was empty. I think for the most part the folks thought it was too cold to be wet--not for us North Idaho folks! The kids loved it and wanted to spend every spare moment in it. We did a couple of hikes and visited a primitive Indian village they use for education purposes. After talking to my dad I found out he had travelled out to the closest town (Safford) for work when I was just a baby.
We travelled over the mountains to Phoenix. We got settled, went swimming and did some city things--went to the Verizon store, WalMart and Cold Stone Ice Cream (I still have a hard time paying $12 for 3 single servings of ice cream!sheesh we could have 4 1/2 gallons of really good ice cream for that price!). The next day we got up, did some school work, and went miniature golfing and to lunch. We came back and swam. Today we went to church (see Craig's blog for more information on that), had some lunch and swam. I can get used to the sit by the pool and read days. It was sometimes cloudy today but when the sun came out it was soooooooooo nice!
Tomorrow we will do some school work and head to McDowell Mountain Park for more "camping". I have to say that I have enjoyed being in the city again. I have enjoyed our camping in the woods time but I am more of a civilization type gal. We will be back to the city in a few days to meet up with my mom.
I am still really enjoying our time here but am starting to look forward to being home. I am doing much better than I anticipated--I thought I would be ready to be home much before this--just because I tend to be a homebody. But the time we have had has been so relaxing, fun, and memory making that I haven't longed for home much. One thing that has helped has been this blog and email. I feel like I am in touch with you at home. Of course no one has responded much lately so maybe I am just writing this to myself. And if that is true I am enjoying chronicling our adventure (hint, hint).

No comments: