Friday, February 15, 2008

On to Tucson

Hello, readers.

We had a relaxing time at Senator Wash Lake and had trouble deciding when we should depart. After catching the Golden Knights (the Army sky diving/parachuting team) Wednesday morning after a cancelled practice on Tuesday afternoon we debated and struggled in our planning. Our tanks filling and running out of water helped us to determine that it was time to go on Wednesday. We spent the night at Cliff and Glenna's--did laundry, cleaned the trailer, cleaned the suburban, took really long showers and had authentic mexican food for dinner. We did some running around in the morning and got on the road to Tucson.

Arizona has some varied land in it--much more varied than I expected. We would be out in the typically thought of desert, come over a hill and see lettuce and califlower farms. There are a lot of mountains and here in the Tucson area they are actually pretty green. Last night it rained a little and it has been raining off an on today. We actually got our winter coats back out and there could be snow on some of the closer mountains tomorrow. We spent the day in down time, reading, playing games, going for walks etc. Our plans include going to the Sonora Desert Museum, visiting a mission, going to Kartchner Caverns while we are here.

I wish I could put into words the work the Lord is doing in me. Through some reading (The Barbarian Way and Velvet Elvis) and change of pace and routines, He is working in my life. The heart of it is the same thing I have to learn over and over--living for Him is not about doing, it is about being. My main job is to be close to Him. Everything else will work itself out. It may not always be easy but when I am close to Him everything will be part of his plan and that is where I want to be. That same message is coming at me from many different places--maybe so that I will get it! Those are feeble words for what God is doing and how he is renewing me.

No comments: