I forgot one of the highlights of our time at the hotspring. We got to see the lunar eclipse. It was predicted to be rainy and cloudy. And it was. . . we had to be patient and watch the clouds move over the eclipse some but we saw a good portion of the moon becoming covered. We used our binoculars and with the shadow of the earth you could really see that the moon is 3 dimensional. It isn't a flat round piece of white in the sky it is a sphere.
It was fun to talk to some of you from home today--thanks for calling Kevin and JoLynn and Janine! I also got to talk--if you can call it that to my TW group. They were wound up and hard to hear on speaker phone but I appreciated them thinking of me--especially since they were at my house!
We have moved from the city to McDowell Mountain State Park. It is beautiful. There are mountains surrounding us. For the desert it is really green. There are lot's of trails to hike and a play ground for the kids. Pretty fun. Tomorrow we will try out a good hike!
Thanks to my sister for reading my blog! I appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shar,
I have silently been reading your blog! I only get a few moments to check it every now and then so sorry I have not posted anything yet.
I love seeing all the pictures and its great to see you and Craig in them. I know I have a lot of photos of my kids but hardly any with me in them.
We are all doing fine and Mae is getting bigger. I told Soren it was Ben's birthday and he was really concerned that he couldn't see his on the actual day. I told him we would make up for it when he got back. We also have a valentine for him!!
Miss you guys but enjoy the travels....Staci
Post a Comment