Monday, February 4, 2008

Worship

Hi, everyone. It has been a few days. . . I will catch you up on our last few days. We spent our third day at Disneyland doing Jedi training (Craig may want to say more about this because he had a spiritual moment), seeing the princesses (no spiritual moment here), riding the Columbia ship, and basically catching a few things we hadn't on our first day there.

Friday morning we took off for San Diego, not really having a plan of where to stay. We finally settled on a place that we aren't so impressed with but is working out ok. We are on a bay but the actual park is all concrete. We are too used to our non-city type of rv park. We went out with our friend Rob Thompson to the gas lamp district Friday night. Saturday we spent at Pacific beach. Sunday we had plans to go to North Coast church (a multi site church) and then on to the Wild Animal Park. However it was raining (the first we have had in Southern Cal). So we went to church and then invited ourselves over to Rob's house for the superbowl. What a game to watch. I am glad we didn't miss it.

Today we are off to Sea World. Tomorrow we will visit Point Loma Nazarene University and head up to camp on a beach near the Wild Animal Park. Then we head into Arizona. There is much more to see and do in San Diego but I think we have had enough action and are looking to a little slower pace for a while.

We have been to lot's of different churches since we have been gone. They all have been really good but I have come to realize how important the horizontal part of worship is. What this really means is we miss our church family. Worshiping is definitely focusing and adoring the Lord, however there is a part of it that is relationship with others. I am really missing that part of worship--being in relationship with those I am worshipping with.

1 comment:

Larry and Joanne said...

Sounds like you need a little down time! What terrific memories you have making as a family. I know what you mean about missing the horizontal part of worship. Yesterday was the first time we'd been able to get to church in three weeks and seeing everyone was such a blessing! Enjoy your journey!
Love, Larry and Joanne