This is a great place to camp. There are trails and trails and trails. I wish the kids were bike riders because some of the trails are long but not too long for a bike! We did a short hike yesterday up to the top of a mesa. When we looked all around us we were surrounded by mountains and you could see into the valley. While we were hiking we noticed this big plume of water gushing into the sky. We thought, "What is that? We are in the middle of a desert and there is a fire hydrant that has sprung a leak!" Come to find out it is the Fountain Hills fountain that we could see. It goes off once an hour for fifteen minutes and it can go as high as 500 feet. So we hopped into our (ok, the Bales) suburban and headed into Fountain Hills. And sure enough there is a huge fountain there. As well as some smaller fountains. We walked around the pond, the kids played on the play equipment, and we decided pizza sounded good for dinner. Right off of the pond was a pizza place for us to enjoy pizza and the fountain! It cooled off fairly quickly though and we wished we had brought some long sleeves or sweatshirts--but then we thought of those of you in Sandpoint and we just toughed it out!
Today we went on a late hike around our campground and through the desert a little bit. We went to Saguaro Lake for lunch with my distant relatives Ted and Jane Bell. It was an interesting spot. Amanda pounded out some of her state notebook today too. Tomorrow we head into Phoenix again, pick up my mom and enjoy some more city time. Next Wednesday we will head up to the Grand Canyon which begins our journey home. We have definitely had a shift in time management. We have talked about being home for the Upwards basketball banquet on March 13th and the kids and I keep saying, "How can we get home for that? It is so far and surely it will take us much longer to get home than that." I guess we have gotten used to taking our sweet time!
Thanks, Staci for the comment. Now I know that at least two people are reading--you and my sister! (more hinting)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jody, I heard that you were going to Arizona today and I didn't get a chance to talk to you. I hope you have a great time. Be sure to say hi to everyone and that we miss them.
I too am reading your adventures. Does sound like you are having fun. I know you will be glad to get home, fun to travel but there's no place like home.
Haven't seen baby Seth for 3 weeks have been sick the last 2. Hopefully I'm on the mend or they might as well put me in the nut house. Your dad has been taking good care of me and all the other stuff that has to be done. Now father-in-law is in hospital with the flu and will probably be there for several days. Isn't life fun!!!! Take care on the journey home. Love to all. C
Post a Comment