Saturday, June 27, 2009

getting things figured out



We had a better night last night with Luke. We set our alarm and got up and got his medicine before he needed it. He still needed some comfort about 2 hours into each cycle but only a little pat on the back and a "you're ok" and he was back to sleep.

Craig also figured out that the cold drinks we have been trying to get him to drink don't feel good in his mouth. So we pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to take the chill off and he is drinking away. I think that will help the sleeping issue and the healing process. It feels like a major victory.

It was a good day. I made it to our Saturday morning exercise class. It felt good to take some time for me and work out. I need to make it a priority as much as I can--it helps me so much more than physically! We also took advantage of Schwietzer mountains opening day and went and road the chairlift to the top of the mountain. That is an amazing place--to look out over all of Sandpoint and up the valley and all the lake. We live in a beautiful place. And we got to share it with some great friends.

I will work on some pictures to post tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers for Luke and our family. We so appreciate them and know they are working.

No comments: