Saturday, June 13, 2009

I can hear!

Luke had tubes put in his ears on Tuesday. It went very smoothly. My friend Julie and I took him down and he did great. He even came out of the anestesia just fine and was ready to have something to eat. I think he ate the whole way home. He doesn't like his ear drops but faithfully lays down to get them. He is really getting the hang of being part of the family.

He is really starting to articulate some words now that he can hear. It is really exciting. He had another appointment on Wednesday that he and I went to in Spokane. He has a sacral dimple that needs no work done on it. We sometime need to have an MRI or ultrasound just to be sure it isn't connected to the spinal column but all indications point to it being a-ok. That was a huge relief!

On June 22 he is scheduled for his cleft palate repair. We are planning in our heads how that will all work out and what we can do to make it as easy as possible for all involved.

Ben seemed to have some hard times this week making the adjustment to having Luke home. But he and Dad went to Burger King and for a bike ride and he has been better ever since. It is a good reminder that through this all we have to be careful of each individual of our family.

I finished up my teaching work on Thursday and now have to finish the evaluation and plan for our schools Safe and Drug Free Schools program. It has been difficult to work with kids home. Hopefully, that will get better this next week. I have to be done by Friday so that is a good deadline for me to work toward. I think I can finish up fairly quickly and be on summer break. Things will be much better then! I am really excited about having the summer off.

So IDVA isn't offering contracts until enrollment can support the staff. I have been concerned about what will happen next year if I have no income to contribute to the family. But God (again) knew what he was doing. They have offered to let me stay on as the Safe and Drug Free Coordinator as a part time position. It will be more flexible and less time intensive than doing that job and a teaching job. I think it is going to work out perfectly for us. I can go back to teaching when I am ready and they have positions open.

I guess that is the news this week. I neglected to give Amanda's big news last week. . . due to some very mature decisions she has been making lately she and I went and got her ears pierced. She is very exicited to finally get to do this as she had to wait much longer than most of her friends. We are very proud of the young lady she is becoming!

No comments: