Sunday, January 13, 2008

Family Worship

Last Sunday we took an opportunity to create a family worship service. The kids were involved in designing parts of the service. They had to think about what worship was about, and why we do the things we do. We sang Father Abraham, and I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in my heart. It was one of the most energetic services I have been part of. It was also very meaningful. I spend great amounts of time planning services that I hope are meaningful to a whole congregation of people, but I haven't spent much time helping my family understand the elements of worship. What fun to have our kids offer suggestions and bring their talents to honor God. I think family planned worship services will become a more regular part of what we do as a family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, You need a picture where Ben is more happy.

The family worhship idea is a great one. I would love to see what my kids would come up with in songs.

We are at Pinelow tonight. Praying for you daily.

Chad and Jamie