Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mount Reindeer

We saw "Mount Reindeer" today. It is so amazing to come around a corner or peek out your window and see this tall, lonely mountain. Ben told us today that he thought we called Mt Rainer Mt Reindeer the first time we came and saw it. It is a fantastic piece of art! We went for a walk today and enjoyed the sun and the view. It was still cold and we are looking for some warmth. We head farther south tomorrow.

I have been enjoying some time to think and listen. We are getting plenty of sleep--so late at night or early in the morning when it is very peaceful (read the kids are still sleeping) I am using that time to pray and listen. Why don't I have or make time for this regularly? It is such a treat and is so refreshing. Thanks to all of you who have made our sabbatical possible!

We had Craig's sister, grandma, niece and nephew all come visit today. It was nice to see everyone and catch up. I was especially impressed by his niece and nephew stopping by--here are two young people (college aged and high school senior) with much better things to do in their lives than visit us but they made the time to come and visit with us. Thanks, Kyle and Jennifer and good work, Debbie, on raising these kids!

We have also received some responses to our posts. It is so nice to hear from you all. Thanks for checking in with us and thanks for letting us know you are following us. Let us know if you would like us to not post your comments. If we start getting a lot of comments there are no guarantees of getting your post published! : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Wikoffs. I have not thought of a comment yet, but I will leave a comment when I do.
Phil