We haven't posted for a couple of days as Phil so graciously reminded us. So let me update you on some high lights. We had our family extravaganza with Aunt Sheryl, Uncle Doug, Cousins Kristen and Travis, Travis' wife Stephanie, Kristen's boyfriend Brian, Doug's girls Annie and Katie, Annie's boyfriend Braden and Kristen's dog, Bailey. It was a blast! Travis brought over his Wii and we had a fun time trying it out. That will be a winter staple for us next year I am thinking. It was so fun having a bunch of people together from different generations having a blast. I hope we can do it again soon.
We worshiped with the family at their church--First Baptist. The music was great and the message was awesome. It was amazing--the church is without a senior pastor right now, the interim is on vacation, so we had one of the guys from Peace Makers as our speaker. His message was so great it made us think that we got to see a glimpse of what is happening Monday nights at our church.
We left Monday morning and stopped last night on the shores of Lake Shasta. The lake was really low so we had to look way down to see it. When we woke up this morning it felt like a good day to rest. So we did. We did some school work, I did some work, Craig did some computer work, the kids played out side at a little park. It was sunny and it warmed up nicely. About 11:00 we decided to eat lunch and head out. Tonight we are in Lodi/Stockton south of Sacramento.
I have been thinking about the time a space we have been covering. We have gone a fair distance but yet we are only seeing a small part of the world. We went to a planetarium while we were in Eugene. and looked at stars and planets and a picture of a different galaxy. All of this has made me think of one of my favorite Philips, Craig and Dean songs, "How great you are, how small I am, How awesome is the Masters hand, I stand in wonder of it all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment