The ocean was awesome. There is just something about being at the ocean, listening to the waves, watching the ocean change, seeing the change the ocean makes on the land--it is just magnificent and overwhelming and peaceful. The kids collected every half sand dollar they found and we saw that seal you see in the picture. It was headed back to the ocean pretty quickly after we spied it. We stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory on our way out and headed to Eugene. Craig has decided that we need to travel these side two lane highways in the daylight. I decided that we need to stay longer at the Oregon coast to make the two lane highways worth it. It was wonderful side trip.
I celebrated my birthday at Applebees with a 3 course meal. Thanks for all your wishes for my birthday.
Yesterday we hung out with Craig's aunt and family. We took the kids to an indoor waterpark. They had a blast going down the slide and playing in the wave pool. One of the great things about this little excursion was watching the kids play together and have a great time. I know it might be hard to believe but they don't always get along. But this was an hour and a half where they got along well together, hung out the whole time, and cared for each other. One time they were in the wave pool together and they had gotten seperated. Amanda couldn't find Ben and we could tell she was looking and looking. Finally she came and asked us where he was. It was so great to see her looking out for her little brother!
Today we are going to head to the Science Factory and go to the planetarium there. Then we will go to church with Doug and Sheryl and some time after that (Sunday afternoon or Monday morning) we will head on south.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello all. Several people have asked me how you are doing. Hopefully, they are checking your blog. I check it every day. I can't believe it--2 days without an update. What's the deal? LOL. This is like looking forward to the next day in a soap (no, I don't watch soaps).
did phil say he doesn't watch soaps or he doesnt' use soaps? I'm confused
Anonymous had a question so I looked back at Phil's comment for clarification. His actual wording was "I don't watch soaps." The wording, however, is not specific. He does not say, for example I don't watch soap operas. He leaves it open to soaps in general. Leaving me to believe that it could be soaps of various varieties. This could mean either he washes with his eyes closed, or one could arguably conclude that the door is at least open to him not using soap at all.
Post a Comment