Ok, not too far south so far. We left Roni and Doug's house in Sedro Woolley north of Everett this morning with the trailer. It was an exciting beginning--the winds were blowing and gusting at about 40 mph. We survived that for 45 minutes of driving and then the winds calmed down. We are now at Craig's parents house in Orting, south of Seattle.
So we will spend a couple of days here visiting with Dean and Nancy and then we are off to the Oregon Coast for a night and then into Eugene to visit with Craig's aunt and family. We will spend our next weekend with them.
Our time so far has been great. We saw the sun yesterday! The kids had a great time with their cousins Ryan, Cora and Erin. They played out on the swings some and played games and video games and they got along really well (for the most part). It was good to spend time with my sister too. I am glad that in our adult years we call each other friends. We didn't get our chance to do our pedicures--maybe on our return trip! It is definitely a sister bonding time!
We went to their church yesterday and had great time. The music was top notch and the pastor spoke on Jesus being the good shepherd and the gate. They did a great video where the pastor was hitch hiking and no one would pick him up until a guy with a cattle truck did. But he had to ride in the back with--you probably guessed it--the sheep. He had a chair and lamp and read the scripture. It was cool. One of the things I took from the messages is that the shepherd knows each of us by name. I have significance because the one who created the universe knows me by name. Wow! Even though I am not someone famous or doing something extraordinary I am known by the God of the universe.
So far sabbatical is feeling much like many other trips we have taken--we are visiting family and having a good time with them. I wonder when it will hit me that we aren't going home soon. I am really enjoying the time that we are having as a family. We are having fun together and I hope that even now early in our trip we are making memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You AREN'T coming home soon!! Oh, my. Love you , Grammy.
Wikoffs,
Ohhhh...It's Monday night...don't worry Jody, I mean we all have everything under control! ;) But we do miss you guys. Where on the coast will you be? I lived in Astoria/Seaside for 10 years and attended Warrenton First Baptist there before we moved to Sandpoint in 1996! I love to go 'home' every summer! We are enjoying your blog!
In Christ,
Dani Cunningham
Post a Comment