Wednesday, May 20, 2009

doctors appointments

We made it through two doctors appointments and a blood draw. Our family doctor looked him over and said he seems healthy. I went to the plastic surgeon this morning. She is young and new to the area but has done cleft surgeries overseas as part of her residency. She wants to put together a good team and is working hard to make this happen for Luke. We have an ENT appointment next week and we will need to meet with a pediatician and a anesethiologist before the surgery. Seems like I am going to have a lot to do and I am going to have to be organized.

Luke did great with the blood draw. I was really dreading it for him. But he sat still and cried and then as soon as they were done he stopped. I think he has had it done before . . . maybe numerous times. He even blew the nurse who took his blood a kiss when we left.

I am having to take one day at a time these days. It is hard for me to see what life will be like in a week. . . can I go back to work and keep up? should I take the rest of the year off? will it be possible to work with Luke home next year? can I keep a good balance with my family if I work? will I even get a contract? is this the best doctor for Luke? what is good timing for all of this? how can we get him caught up? is he attaching well to us? Lot's of things up in the air. I am getting to be more at peace with things being up in the air. I am definitely living in God's strength because I know I can't do this alone.

No comments: