Thursday, May 14, 2009

No place like home

It is good to be home and what a welcome we got. We were chauffered from the airport in Spokane by Phil and Jeff and Diane and the boys. We were met with brownies coming right out of the oven and hugs from Jamie and Lake. The fridge was full of good food. We are well taken care of. In spite of being incredibly tired we stayed up until 10 just enjoying being home--had a bowl of cereal, some warm brownies, unpacked some necessities, played with the dogs and then just crashed into bed. The house was clean and the dogs were well taken care of too. It was a great peace of mind to have that taken care of--thanks Aubry and Jeremy!

Amanda, Craig and Luke slept until 10, Ben and I were up at 8. I took a nice long nap this afternoon but I am still looking forward to bed tonight. Ben wanted to go back to school this morning! He got to play with Harley this afternoon. Amanda got up got her work done and went to surprise Melina. Diana and Olline and Melina all came over to welcome us home.

Luke has adjusted amazingly. He still gets those moments where he avoids eye contact if he is unsure but once he feels safe he is his happy self. He is enjoying exploring the house and playing with the toys. I don't think we blogged about this before but he is very attached to the shoes he came to us in. We brought shoes for him but he wouldn't even try them on. Today Jamie brought some shoes she and Lydnie had picked out and he wore them for a little bit. Another small vicotry. He is especially having fun playing with the helium balloons. He isn't too sure about the dogs but is starting to at least tolerate them. Craig had him feeding the dogs food. So Luke would throw 3 or 4 pieces to the dogs and then eat one himself. YUCK! I told him that he didn't have to eat dog food here!

We are so thankful to be home. Thanks for all your prayers and reading. I will try to continue to update the blog as we continue this journey.

No comments: