Wednesday, May 6, 2009

peanutbutter and jelly

We have been in China for over a week, we have accomplished our purpose and now I am ready to come home. The problem is that we have to wait for another 6 days before that long journey begins. I am tired of trying to find food to eat, find things to keep us busy while we wait, and we are getting more than enough sleep so I don't need a nap--although I just took one.

We had peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. I think they may have saved my sanity and will help me endure for the next 6 or so days. Our travel companions had bread and peanutbutter and there is jam at our breakfast buffet. It was a treat and again may have saved my sanity.

Today we went to a brocade factory--it was very interesting and complicated to make that cloth in the old fashioned way. It is a huge loom and it takes 2 people to do it. Then we went to a lake and walked along the paths to the island and out. It was very beautiful. There were brides and grooms there taking their wedding pictures while we were there. It must be a popular spot and I can see why. I will see if Craig will upload some of the pictures from today.

Tomorrow we pick up Luke's passport and head for Guangzhou. There we have a doctors appointment and our US consulate appointment as well as a bunch of paperwork to fill out. Tuesday we leave for HongKong and then we begin our jouney home. Please pray for our endurance and for us to enjoy our last few days here. I don't want to wish them away but there is no place like home!

3 comments:

Kendall Yake said...

Oh how I love PB&J! I completely understand!!! There is sure no place like home...especially when home is Sandpoint! I'm sort of tired of this week...and just ready to FINALLY get graduation over with and move on with life. It feels a little too drawn-out! Also, I'm ready to be relaxing on the beaches of Belize! Why don't you guys pop on over on your trip home? :) We could all snorkel and see amazing underwater things and then I could build a sandcastle with Luke- probably his first one ever! I saw a white van the other day and did a double-take and thought "Is that the Wikoffs?" and then remembered I was in Poky. Ugh. haha

I realize after talking with my friends from my old church here that I am so so so lucky that God worked like he did...having us stay in Poky as long as we did so we could come to Sandpoint with perfect timing. Plus, furthermore, being brought to a healthy, thriving, multi-generational church is a complete blessing in and of itself. And we have great friends like you now :)

Sorry to ramble...I'm just sitting in Poky missing normal life...like it sounds you might be too. Say hi to everyone and give the kids a hug for me!

Kendall

Margot said...

I hear ya and understand! Hang in there, you'll be home before long:)

Phil said...

Will you please tell Kendall not to ramble. It's like she just goes on and on and on and on. It's like she is bored and has nothing to say. I think if I did not have anything to say I would not say it. First I would think of something to say and then I would say it.